If your bike is involved in an accident and you have bike insurance, you can file a claim for reimbursement with the insurer. Settlement of a bike insurance claim is the name of the entire process.
Claim Settlement Methodology: Claim for bike insurance comes in two different flavours. As follows:
- Insurance Claim for Cashless Bike –
You can get your two-wheeler fixed from any of the many garages that your insurer has partnered with. These are cashless claims. You don’t have to pay the servicing fees because of this facility. Your insurance company will pay the authorised garage directly for the total cost. However, the voluntary and required deductibles selected at the time of purchasing the coverage must be paid. *
2. Insurance Claim for Refund of Bike –
In some circumstances, you could decide on a garage that is not affiliated with your insurance company. You can select reimbursement claims at that point. You are responsible for paying the garage directly for the balance due. Later, you can submit the required receipts and invoices to your insurer in order to file a claim. The insurer will reimburse the claim amount after reviewing the paperwork and deducting the mandatory and optional deductibles. *
How to file a bike insurance claim
Before requesting compensation, carefully read and comprehend the bike insurance claim guidelines. There are several procedures for submitting cashless and reimbursement bike insurance claims. For instructions on how to raise a claim, see below.
The list of paperwork needed to submit a two-wheeler insurance claim is provided here:
- Two-wheeler insurance policy copy, duly completed and signed claim settlement form
- A copy of your motorcycle’s registration certificate and your driver’s licence
- In the event of a serious accident or theft, an FIR copy
- Original tax invoice and initial repair invoice for cashless claim
- All original receipts and invoices in the event of a refund claim.
Filing cashless claims
- Reporting: To guarantee a simple process, inform your insurer as soon as possible about the claim. Visit their website or dial their toll-free number. Register your claim and keep the provided reference number for later use.
- Assessment: Your bike’s damage will be evaluated by a surveyor that the insurance company has appointed. Following the assessment of the damage, the assessor will provide a report.
- Service: Your bike will be towed to the closest authorised garage for repair after your claim has been evaluated and approved. You can pick up your repaired bike from the network garage after service.
- Cashless Claim Settlement: Your insurer should receive all required paperwork along with the claim settlement form in order to process your claim. Given that you selected cashless claim settlement, your bill will be cleared directly with the garage after you pay the necessary deductibles. *
How to submit a claim for reimbursement
- Reporting: If you want to file an insurance claim for the bike, let your insurer know as soon as possible. Visit their website or dial their toll-free number. Register your claim and keep the provided reference number for later use.
- Maintenance: Have your bike towed to the neighbourhood garage of your choosing, where you may assess the damage. Pick up the bike whenever it is finished being fixed there. In order to file an insurance claim, keep the original invoices, receipts, and inspection report in addition to paying the last of the bills on your own.
- Reimbursement Claim Settlement: Your insurer should receive the required paperwork, the claim settlement form, and the original bills and invoices in order to process your claim. The insurance will issue the reimbursement after reviewing the claim. *
Make sure the bike insurance renewal process is done on time.
* Standard T&C Apply
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.
Subscribe to Bajaj Allianz General Insurance YouTube Channel here!